26 August 2012
Many of you are stepping up your game at the box with new PR’s, new goals and new and improved bodies. Some of you are also getting some fresh new gear to go along with your new badassness. While you dress for the box, try to consider FUNCTION over fashion. Here are some tips:
- Stay “dry”. Look for moisture wicking T’s and socks. (They stink less too).
- Stay covered. Skin tight is all good, but be SURE your clothes actually cover your parts. You need to keep focused on your mechanics, not on hiking up sliding pants or tucking in “the girls” or “boys”.
- Be ready for anything. There might be rope climbs in the warm up or deadlifts in the WOD. Always pack your knee high socks.
- Chose an all around functional shoe. Beginners on a budget can consider Chuck Taylor’s.
Ready for the real deal? Check out Inov8’s and Adidas lifting shoes. Don’t forget you can try out some rad WOD shoes this weekend at our Labor Day Throwdown on Sept 2nd! Can you say discount?
All those other nifty little accessories like headbands, wrist wraps, gloves, etc are all well and good – as long as you already have the basics covered.
Not ready to buy a whole new wardrobe? That’s what the Clothes Swap box is for! (Thanks, Melissa!) Dig around and get decked out in what will work for you. You’re here to work hard, so dress to work hard.
27 August 2012
WU: 3×5 @40% 1RM
WS: 3×5 @ 40, 50, 60% 1RM
5 Back Squat (55% 1RM)
20 Sit ups
- Bridging the Gap: An Oly And WOD Shoe (outpostcrossfit.wordpress.com)
- Footwear that doesn’t lose its edge: saving money on trainers (ukcredit.com)