As a parent, coach and business owner I’ve learned many things these past four years. I’ve condensed these experiences into 10 entries. There are many good takeaways, I feel, in this bit of myself I share with you. These are the Basic Truths.
1. The Stand Up and Fight type will never quit!
Quitting is endemic. You quit once, you will always quit.
2. The Stand Up and Fight type will endure hardship knowing that ultimately they will prevail.
Endurance is borne of the mind not a pre-workout supplement.
3. The Stand Up and Fight type sees the forest for the trees.
With every evolution there is a revelation.
4. The Stand Up and Fight types is resourceful.
If they don’t have it ON hand they will construct it BY hand.
5. The Stand Up and Fight type simplifies every complex situation into manageable chunks.
A pessimistic/negative mind complicates situations exponentially.
6. The Stand Up and Fight type knows that everything that can go wrong WILL go wrong.
Exploiting the weak point in the difficulty is where tactical advantage is gained.
7. The Stand Up and Fight type excels in a like-minded environment.
Going it alone is sustainable NOT preferable.
8. The Stand Up and Fight type chooses the battles.
No need to worry, the war is always raging.
9. The Stand Up and Fight type suppresses all doubt.
Doubt is a silly game that inactivity likes to play.
10. The Stand Up and Fight type will sleep when they are dead.
Rest is a period of growth and regeneration. Not to be mistaken with sloth and inactivity.
11 Jun 2014
WU: 5-5-3 @ 40, 50, 60%
WS: 3-3-3 @ 70, 80, 90%
WOD: 3 RFT
3 Shoulder press (75/115#)
5 KB Swing